power feeders for bandsaws

A discussion board for European style bandsaws

power feeders for bandsaws

PostPosted by Ryecrane » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi,

Recently I was resawing some maple into veneers. My shoulders just gave out and I ended up ruining a nice piece of wood.
I've had four shoulder surgeries that failed and now I have to face the truth that I cannot continue working in the same manner.
I've looked at the CoMatic feeders but have never used one. Anyone have any experience and or thoughts on resaw feeders?

I want to learn as much as possible before buying one. I have a Centauro (MiniMax) 24" with about 24" capacity.

Thanks in advance.

Rye Crane
Pittsburg, CA
Ryecrane

Re: power feeders for bandsaws

PostPosted by Correy Smith » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Hey Rye, I was just looking tat the comatic site. Is that where your looking? I like the variable speed model if I were mounting to a BS. I had never hear much about the roller feeder on BS. I had always thought " Why not?" I hope you get one sounds like the shoulder is starting to hold you back.
Correy Smith

Re: power feeders for bandsaws

PostPosted by Correy Smith » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:39 pm

I have never used a feeder on a bs. I wonder how well the actual BS feeders do with wide boards? The three wheels that feed are only about 6" tall combined. Are you using the stock fence or aftermarket like the Drift Master?
Correy Smith

Return to Bandsaws