WELCOME!!

A place to say hello.

WELCOME!!

PostPosted by Correy Smith » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 am

Hello One and All, I present here a place for all import machine enthusiasts to gather, discuss, swap, buy, sell,whatever about European woodworking machinery. I am a fan of some Japanese industrial machines as well so please include these in our forum here.
This forum, is a work in progress, and for all of us so I welcome suggestions whether I use them or not. I just intend for this to enable all of us to post, attach, and easily navigate the forum.
Attaching files , try it, I think may cost me 5 bucks a month. So who knows we may end up with an ad to cover that.
I will not be an active moderator or administrator. I hope this place can be self governed by those that use it.
I will add sort more categories in the next week feel free to post misc stuff in the general forum to start.
First post, let's see if this works...... testing
Correy Smith

Re: WELCOME!!

PostPosted by dtj5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:38 am

Correy,

Thanks for all the work you did to put this together.

Tim
dtj5

PostPosted by daiku » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi Correy,
Thanks for the work to get this up.
More thanks for the supersurfacer topic.
Craig
daiku

PostPosted by Correy Smith » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks Craig and Tim. I hope to get the picture uploading going tonight.
Correy Smith

PostPosted by ktm_300xcw_rider » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Correy - Thanks for starting the site.

You've asked a few times for suggestions so I will give you some. If you don't do any of these it would still be okay with me.

1) Provide a mechanism to list the new topics that have not had any replys. This "button" or "forum" is helpful in getting answers to questions which also helps build the site readership.

2) Great search engine - you may already have this.

3) A "Product review" forum.

Thanks,
ktm_300xcw_rider

PostPosted by ktm_300xcw_rider » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:51 pm

I posted a link on Lumberjocks to this site.
ktm_300xcw_rider

PostPosted by Correy Smith » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Hello KTM, thanks for that.
You can find at the top of the Board Index a row of buttons that will take you to new posts, your posts, unanswered posts etc...... I use those.
Hmmm product review. That's a good idea, maybe we will have an article forum for that that is actually moderated. It may be a shame for , say a less than mechanical type to post a bunch of poor opinion on an otherwise very nice machine. It seems to happen. I would be open to a monthly article submitted but anyone that wants to submit within the intended subject manner. MAybe a "this months feature".
Got a review and want it featured ? write it and I will create a place for it. I would really like a feature on Super Surfacers.
Correy Smith

Re: Product reviews

PostPosted by cplesums » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:30 pm

One solution is to consolidate discussion for a particular machine in a single thread. It doesn't matter whether the person starting the thread is an expert or a klutz, likes it or not. The other forum members can add opinions to support or refute the earlier comments. The only difficulty will be to keep it civil, and to somehow distinguish vendors (or those with a vested interest) from the users.
Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
(Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
Lots of my free advice at http://www.solowoodworker.com
cplesums

PostPosted by Correy Smith » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Good Morning Charlie. What if the "Featured" Forum was also a spot for vendors to put there monthly news letter? Felder could repost their FOG letter here. Eric Loza just started putting out a MM flyer on the MMOG, Check it out there if you haven't. Couple good deals there, for those that haven't been there, you read about here......http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Mini ... ages/24831
Manufacturer Vendors don't bother me as much as the overly aggressive secondary market vendors. I would welcome Felder and MM, any of the others, to input here. From the Horse's mouth preferably always.
Correy Smith

PostPosted by jwalacav » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:55 am

Correy, I'd like to pile on to the thanks others have provided above. Thanks for setting this site up.
jwalacav

Next

Return to Welcome!